Whole Wheat Banana Pancake Recipe. The detailed step by step recipe with simple ingredients and simple procedure.
The pancake is a flat round shaped cake prepared from the batter. Pancakes are cooked on a pan with oil or clarified butter. Batter of pancake can be made with different ingredients with lots of versions. This batter should have a medium pouring consistency. So that it gives nice thick pancakes.
Here we are using the healthy day to day ingredients i.e whole wheat flour, banana and milk to make a pancake batter. All three ingredients have lots of medical benefits with lots of nutrients. Hence these whole wheat banana pancakes are a healthy option for morning breakfast.
Health Benefits Of Ingredients Used In Whole Wheat Banana Pancake Recipe:-
- Wheat Flour
Cooking and roasting are the important parts in any pancake recipe.
Let’s understand how to cook the pancakes easily.
- Use a nonstick pan. So that pancake won’t stick and break.
- Heat a frying pan on medium flame. Sprinkle few drops of water on the pan. If it starts jumping then your pan is ready to put pancake batter.
- First grease the hot pan with oil or clarified butter.
- Pour 1/2 cup batter into the pan slowly. The batter will automatically take its shape. If you want thin pancake then spread with a spatula evenly in round shape. But the generally, pancakes are thick and small in size.
- Cook from one side till turns into light brown color. Flip it with a spatula. Cook from another side as well.
- Roast the pancake till it cooked nicely from inside and becomes brown in color from outside. But do not overcook them. Otherwise, your pancakes will burn out.
- Follow these tips while cooking the pancakes. You can make the best pancake ever.
We have shared some more healthy breakfast recipes on our blog. Like palak paratha recipe, kanda batata poha recipe, methi thepla, quick dahi poha cutlet recipe, tomato omelette and vegetable upma recipe.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes.
Ingredients For Whole Wheat Banana Pancake Recipe:-
2 cups whole wheat flour.
2 ripe bananas.
1 cup full-fat milk.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
1/2 cup sugar.
1 tablespoon oil.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- In a grinder jar, add peeled ripe bananas, milk and sugar. Blend it to a smooth puree on medium speed.
- Pour into the mixing bowl.
- Then add whole wheat flour and baking powder in the same. Whisk it properly with a hand whisk.
- After that add oil and vanilla essence in it. Give it a nice stir. The batter should have a medium pouring consistency. If the batter is too thick then add little more milk and mix well together.
- Heat a nonstick pan. Grease the pan with clarified butter. Pour around 1/2 cup pancake batter into the hot pan. Let it cook. Flip it over and cook from both sides. Cook till pancake get nice golden brown color. Apply clarified butter from all sides. Remove the plate. In the same way, make all pancakes with remaining batter.
Arrange whole wheat banana pancakes in a serving dish. Drizzle some honey on top and serve with a hot cup of tea. You can garnish with thin banana slices on top and serve hot for breakfast.
Give a simple try to whole wheat banana pancake recipe at your home. Let us know how it turned out. Please mention your reply in the comment section.