Val Papdi Bhaji Recipe.
Val papdi is called flat green beans in English. It is known as papdi in Hindi.
These green beans are wide and flat in shape. Flat beans are cooked directly by cutting into small pieces with some other ingredients. The white pod inside beans are also added in the sabzi.
Val papdi bhaji recipe goes nicely with chapati, roti or bhakri. Even you can serve salted bhaji to the kids. Don’t add spices and chili powder in the bhaji when you are offering to the kids.
Healthy and tasty val papdi bhaji is simple to make with few easy steps. It required fewer ingredients as well as less time to cook. Hence buy flat green beans from market, go home and start making papdi ki sabzi with us.
We have shared lots of Indian vegetable recipes here. Such as khan deshi style vangya che bharit, roasted peanut curry, stuffed brinjal fry, Sarson ka saag, akkha masoor, south Indian sambhar, mixed veg curry, matar paneer, rajma, chole masala and spicy aloo gobi recipe.
Give them simple try at your home and report back to us. Mention your comment below. Forward and share with your friends.
Following is the detail procedure to make val papdi bhaji recipe.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 10 minutes.
Ingredients for val papdi bhaji recipe:-
250 gram flat green beans (val papdi shenga).
1 small finely chopped onion.
2 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste.
1 teaspoon red chili powder.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
4 tablespoons roasted peanut powder.
Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Few curry leaves.
Salt to taste.
- Wash and rinse the beans well in the water. Drain the water neatly. Cut them into small rectangle shape byte size pieces. Keep them aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Once oil becomes hot enough, add finely chopped onion and curry leaves. Saute till onion becomes transparent and changes its color to slightly brown.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and finely chopped coriander leaves. Saute well.
- After that add chopped flat beans. Add 1/2 cup water and mix together nicely. Add salt to taste. Cover the pan with a lid. Allow it to cook on medium flame.
- After 5-6 minutes check whether it is cooked or not. When beans cooked well then add roasted peanut powder. Give it a nice stir. Make sure that there is no water content in the sabzi. It should be dry. Switch off the flame.
Transfer val papdi bhaji in the serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati.