Our healthy breakfast category gives you simple recipes of breakfast. Day can not be started without breakfast. It is important to have heavy breakfast before leaving house in the morning.Here I am giving the one of the easy breakfast recipe called vegetable upma recipe. We will use various veggies like tomatoes, green peas, cauliflower, carrot, or beans in vegetable upma recipe. Specially, it is made from groats known as daliya. Wheat daliya is easily available in market. But you can made vegetable upma recipe with regular semolina as well.
You may also like our oats upma recipe or vermicelli upma recipe. Check out them. The procedure of making vegetable upma recipe is simple as well as it is very tempting. Serve this as a breakfast in the morning or even in the evening. It will definitely kills your hunger for at least 4-5 hours.
So don’t waste time. Read following step by step instructions and cook at home. do comment below about my vegetable upma recipe.
250 gram of wheat groats (daliya).
1/2 bowl green peas.
1/2 bowl cauliflower.
1/4 bowl pieces of carrot.
1 bowl french beans.
1/4 cup grated coconut.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1 teaspoon sugar.
4 red chillies.
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida.
Few curry leaves
Finely chopped coriander leaves.
3 tablespoons lemon juice.
Salt to taste.
- Add wheat groats in cooker. Pour some water till all groats cover with water. Simmer it for 8-10 minutes.
- Cook all the vegetables in cooker with some water. Keep them aside.
- Heat the oil in heavy bottom pan. Add curry leaves, asafoetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric powder and red chillies. Saute it for few seconds.
- After that add boiled vegetables and wheat groats. Mix it well with spatula.
- Then after 5 minutes add sugar, salt as per taste and lemon juice. Cover pan with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
Serving Method :-
Garnish vegetable upma recipe with finely chopped coriander leaves, grated coconut and shev. Serve hot at the time of breakfast.