Hello, buddies. Welcome to our kitchen at this special occasion of Makar Sankranti. First of all happy Makar Sankranti to you and your family. This festival is celebrated in all over Indian. It is known by different names in different regions. The way celebrating is also different. In Maharashtra, it is known as Makar Sankranti. In Gujarat, it named as Uttarayan. It is known as Pongal in Tamilnadu. So like this in Indian, it is known by different regional names.
Sankranti means the transition of the sun from one zodiac to next. Here in makar Sankranti the sun transit into the Makara zodiac. So it named like this. During this festival, there is a tradition of distributing and eating tilgul, til vadi, til laddu or til poli. In Makar Sankranti season, there is too much cold in atmosphere. Sesame seeds help in reducing the cold from our body. So eating recipes made from sesame are quite beneficial for us.
The procedure of making til vadi recipe is very simple. It is made with sesame seeds and jaggery. Try out our easy til vadi recipe for coming to Makar Sankranti. Enjoy the festival. Happy cooking.
We have shared bhogichi bhaji recipe. So try this at bhogi as well. The step by step instructions of til vadi recipe are given below.
Preparation Time:- 5 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 10 minutes.
Ingredients For Til Vadi Recipe:-
1 and 1/2 cup sesame seeds.
1 cup jaggery.
3 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee).
- Heat the non-stick pan at medium flame. Roast the sesame seeds in a hot pan for 2 minutes. Do not burn them. remove seeds in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Now heat a heavy bottom pan. Add 2 tablespoons clarified butter in it.
- Add jaggery in the same pan. Melt it. Stir continuously with a spatula.
- Once jaggery melted and turn into light brown color add previously roasted sesame seeds. Mix it well.
- Grease a tray with ghee. Pour sesame and jaggery mixture into greased tray. Spread that mixture evenly with a spoon. Hurry up and be careful.
- Cut into small vadi (bars) with the knife. Take out one by one and store in airtight container.
Serve these til vadi recipe at makar sankranti festival.
- Use white sesame seeds in til vadi recipe.