Simple Egg Curry Recipe. Egg curry is the quick and yummy dish in the curry category. You can make it quickly with less time in last minute. It is the best and simple curry to make immediately when guests are coming in your house.
The simple egg curry recipe is curry where boiled eggs are cooked in onion-coconut-tomato gravy. We are going to use some more Indian spices like red chili powder and garam masala to give it a spicy twist. When boiled eggs are nicely cooked and simmer in the gravy, then it tastes good.
The egg curry is also known as anda curry in Maharashtra.
Egg curry goes very well with chapati or roti. You can even serve with plain rice or jeera rice.
Now let’s understand health corner of eggs in the meal.
Health Benefits Of Eggs:-
- Produce Energy-
Eggs are the rich source of vitamins as well as minerals. So it helps in producing lots of energy in body cells. Such energy is essential for the human to stay active.
- Boost Immune System-
Different vitamins in eggs keep the immune system healthy.
- Strong Muscles-
Eggs are the excellent source of proteins. Protein helps in building the strong muscles.
- Reduces Heart Disease-
Eggs can keep your heart healthier. Helps in lowering the strokes and heart diseases.
The detail procedure of simple egg curry recipe is given below.
Preparation Time:- 15 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 20 minutes.
Ingredients For Simple Egg Curry Recipe:-
4 well-boiled eggs.
3 large onions roughly chopped.
2 medium tomatoes roughly chopped.
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut.
3 teaspoons red chili powder.
2 teaspoons garam masala.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
Fresh coriander leaves.
Salt to taste.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Dry roast the sesame seeds and cumin seeds together. Once seeds turn light brown in color remove in the dish.
- In the same hot pan, add grated fresh coconut. Roast for few minutes. Remove in the dish when coconut gets nicely roasted.
- Then roast the onion till they change its color. Allow it to cool down.
- Add roasted sesame seeds and cumin seeds in the mixer jar. Grind it to a fine powder. Then grind the coconut into a fine paste. Use water if required. In the same way, add roasted onion, tomato and few coriander leaves in the jar. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Now heat 3-4 tablespoons of oil in a heavy bottom pan. Once oil becomes nice and hot, add onion-tomato paste. Saute it for few minutes till looses oil from edges.
- After that add coconut paste and sesame-cumin seeds powder. Saute it properly.
- Go ahead and add red chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Give it a good mix. Add water around 3-4 cups. Mix well together. Let is simmer on low flame.
- Peel the boiled eggs and give a small two slits on top with the help of a knife. Rest it aside.
- When gravy starts forming bubbles on top and boiled nicely add the peeled eggs into them. Allow it cook for next 5 minutes. After that switch off the flame. Your simple egg curry is ready to serve.
Transfer egg curry in the serving bowl. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with chapati, onion slices and lemon.
- How to boil the eggs? – Pour 3 to 4 cups of water in a saucepan. Add eggs in it. Cover with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes on high flame. You can boil the eggs in the pressure cooker as well. It will require 3-4 whistles to complete boil the eggs.
- Adjust the thickness of gravy by adding water.
- Make sour gravy get nicely boiled before adding eggs.