Sesame Peanut Laddu Recipe. A sweet and healthy bite for kids as well as for elders.
Sesame peanut laddus are made with sesame seeds and peanuts. All ingredients are dry roast in a pan and then ground into powder. For the sweetness, we are going to use jaggery. Jaggery gives the sweet taste and nice color as well as glaze to the laddus.
In India, there is a festival Makarsankranti on 14th January in each year. This festival is celebrated by offering the sesame laddu (til ke laddu) or til vadi to each other. You can celebrate it with sesame peanut laddu as well.
Let’s understand the healthy corner of ingredients used in sesame peanut laddu recipe.
Health Benefits Of Sesame Seeds:-
Health Benefits Of Peanuts:-
Following is the detail procedure of sesame peanut laddu recipe.
Preparation Time:- 15 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes.
Ingredients For Sesame Peanut Laddu Recipe:-
1 cup white sesame seeds.
1/2 cup peanuts.
1/2 cup grated jaggery.
2 teaspoons cardamom powder.
5-6 almond nuts.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Add sesame seeds on it and dry roast them on low flame.
- After few seconds, sesame seeds starts popping and lightly changing the color. Keep stirring continuously. It will require 3-4 minutes to roast the seeds. After nicely roasting remove in the dish and set aside to cool down.
- Now in the same pan, dry roast the peanuts. Roast the peanut till becomes crunchy and get brown color. Remove the dish after roasting. Allow it to cool down completely.
- In the same manner, roast the almond nuts in a pan.
- In a grinder jar, add previously roasted sesame seeds, roasted peanuts and almond nuts. Also, add grated jaggery and cardamom powder. Close the jar with a lid. Grind it to a fine powder. You can keep the small chunks in it.
- Remove the mixture in a bowl. Take a small portion in a hand and start shaping it. Make a round shape small size laddus from remaining mixture.
Serve delicious sesame peanut laddus to the guest, kids and elders. You can store them in an airtight container for 10-15 days.
- Adjust the quantity of jaggery as how much sweet you want.
- You can add desiccated coconut in the laddu mixture. But dry roast in before adding.
- If the laddu mixture starts sticking to the hand then grease the palm of your hand with some clarified butter.
- We are using the jaggery here, so you can serve these sesame peanut laddus to the diabetic patient.
- You can also roll the laddu in dry sesame seeds for decorating it. It looks fantastic.