Sabudana khichdi recipe is one of the famous recipe for fasting. The preparation method of sabudana khichdi is so simple and usually prepare at navratri, mahashivratri, ekadashi or any weekly fast. It is made from soaked sabudana (tapioca pearl) also called as sago, potatoes and peanuts. Before making sabudana khichdi it is necessary to soak the sago in water for at least 2-3 minutes. Here I am soaking the sago over the night for better result. It can be eaten as a snack at tea time and also at breakfast time. Small kids really love this recipe.
Now, come to the health benefits of sabudana. It contains large amounts of protein that can help in muscle growth. Another benefit is that it controls the blood pressure and improves the blood circulation. It also resolve common digestive disorders. So not only during fast you can eat sabudana khichdi at the time of breakfast as well.
Like sabudana khichdi recipe check out other fast recipe like sabudana vada recipe, idli recipe, paneer vada and sweet rasmalai. Following are detailed instructions for making sabudana khichdi recipe. Try at home.
1 bowl subudana (sago seeds).
2 boiled potatoes.
1/2 bowl roasted groundnuts powder.
3-4 finely chopped green chilies.
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
Some curry leaves.
Finely chopped coriander leaves.
1/4 bowl grated coconut.
Oil or ghee.
- Soak the sabudana (pearl) in water for at least 2-3 hours. (don’t use excess water). After 2-3 hours check sabudana by pressing it with fingers if it is soft then our sabudana is ready to cook.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into small size cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in kadhai. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilies. Stir it nicely.
- Then add potato cubes and cook for 2 minutes.
- After two minutes add soaked sabudana, groundnuts powder and salt as per taste. Mix it well and cook for next 5 minutes.
- Now add chopped coriander, grated coconut in it. Cover a kadhai with a lid and wait for 2-3 minutes.
Serving Method :-
Serve the sabudana khichdi with coconut chutney and sweet yogurt.