Roasted Peanut Curry Recipe. Our today’s simple but yummy menu is Peanut Curry. Peanut curry is one of the mostly eaten curries in the village. Bajara bhakri, peanut curry, onion slices and vangyache bharit. Wow! Are you guys remember such tasty food? We know that everyone is the fan of this dish.
So today we are coming with such beautiful and yum curry i.e roasted peanut curry recipe.
As the name suggest, roasted peanuts along with some Indian spices are required here to make peanut curry. Peanut curry recipe is a quite spicy and little bit sweet in taste with a great combination.
It is mostly served with bhakri in villages. But it goes awesome with chapati or roti.
Let’s understand healthy corner of peanuts in the diet.
Health Benefits Of Peanuts :-
Peanuts are the oil seeds with lots of nutrients. Also known as groundnuts in English and mungfali in Hindi.
- Reduce damages –
Peanuts are high in antioxidants that reduce damages in the human body.
- Skin Problem –
Effectively treat the skin problems like rashes, pimples.
- Body growth –
Peanuts are the rich source of protein. Proteins are good for body growth and development.
- Heart health –
Prevents the chances of heart strokes as well as helps in keeping your heart healthy.
- Great energy –
Nuts are the good source of different minerals, vitamins, nutrients, proteins etc. Hence they are the rich energy source for growing children.
Lots of recipes can be made from peanuts. Here we wrote a simple homemade roasted peanut curry recipe.
Try some dry vegetable recipes like brinjal fry recipe, bhindi do pyaza, Sarson ka saag recipe and aloo gobi fry. Let us know how these recipes are turned out. Mention your replies in the comment section below.
Preparation Time :- 20 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 10 minutes.
Ingredients for roasted peanut curry recipe :-
1 cup peanuts.
1 finely chopped onion.
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
2 teaspoons red chili powder.
1 teaspoon garam masala.
1 tablespoon grated jaggery.
Few curry leaves.
Few coriander leaves.
Salt to taste.
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Roast the peanuts in a hot pan till turns into brown color.
- Once peanuts are roasted nicely, remove them in a dish. Let it cool down completely. Then peel the skin and coarsely grind it.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a kadhai. When oil becomes hot enough add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Once they start crackling add finely chopped onion and saute it nicely.
- After that add red chili powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Fry them together. Then add ground peanuts in the same. Give a nice stir.
- Then pour 2 cups of water. Add finely chopped coriander leaves and jaggery. Let it cook for 6-7 minutes. Curry becomes thick when it start boiling. Keep the medium consistency. Should not too thick nor too thin. After 7 minutes switch off the flame.
Serving Method :-
Transfer the peanut curry in a serving bowl. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with bhakri.