Idli is the popular food item in breakfast menus. It is a South Indian dish. Idlis are soft and spongy round shaped pastries. It is prepared by simmering on hot water. The procedure of making idli is easy but the main part is it’s batter. When the batter has required consistency and swolled out properly, then your idlis will becomes perfectly. Hence our today’s post on how to make instant rava idli recipe?
In South India, there is a tradition to serve idli with sambar and coconut chutney. Many of people love idlis with chatpata green chutney or with pudina chutney. I like idlis with spicy sambar. The choice is yours.
Along with rava idli recipe we have shared some more breakfast recipes like palak paratha, methi thepla, kanda batata poaha, quick dahi poha cutlets, tomato omelette and moong dal halwa. All these are healthy and delicious. Don’t forget to try at home. Also give a try to South Indian breakfast recipes such as onion rava dosa recipe, oats dosa and oats idli recipe. You may try ragi idli recipe as well. Let me know how it turned out.
The detail step by step procedure of rava idli recipe is given below along with ingredients and serving method. Simple but more tasty. If you have any queries about any recipe then please ask to us. Subscribe our newsletter for more such lovely recipes. Its totally free. Let’s start making rava idli recipe.
Preparation Time :- 15 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 30 minutes.
Servings :- 2.
1 cup semolina.
1/2 cup fresh yogurt.
3 green chillies, finely chopped.
1 inch ginger, finely chopped.
1 tablespoon black gram (urad dal).
1 tablespoon bengal gram (chana dal).
1 taespoon mustard seeds.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida.
Few curry leaves.
Oil for greasing.
Salt to taste.
- In a yogurt, add finely chopped green chillies, ginger and salt to taste. Whisk that yogurt till it becomes smooth.
- Take semolina in a mixing bowl. Add whisked yogurt and water. Give it a nice stir. The consistency of batter should not too thick nor thin. It should like regular idli batter.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, black gram, bengal gram, curry leaves and asafoetida. When gram becomes golden brown in color. Pour it in previously made idli batter. Give it a good stir.
- Add baking soda or eno in idli batter. Mix well. It will swell the batter nicely.
- Now pour enough water in idli cooker or steamer. Let it boil. Grease the idli molds with some oil. Pour idli batter in it. Place that mold in a steamer. Cover with a lid. Simmer till idli get cooked from inside and becomes fluffy.
Serving Method :-