Rasmalai is one of the interesting and delicious recipe in Indian dishes for fasting. It is also served as a dessert. Rasmalai recipe is very healthy recipe because it is made from whole milk and flavored with cardamom and saffron. It’s color, texture as well as taste is so awesome. Most of the people love this recipe as a sweet dish.
While serving rasmalai recipe it is garnished with chopped almond nuts, cashews nuts and pistachios. Hence it looks amazing. I am fan of such mouth watering rasmalai recipe. Like rasmalai you can try our chocolate pudding, fruit custard, gulab jamun and badam halwa as a dessert. Check out our step by step rasmalai recipe. Try at your home.
250 grams sugar.
2 lit. whole milk.
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
1 tablespoon cardamom powder.
Some saffron sticks.
Yellow food color.
- Take one sauce pan and pour 1 lit. milk into it. Put that sauce pan on the stove at medium flame.
- When milk starts to boil switch of the flame.
- Pure the fresh lemon juice into the boiled milk. (add lemon juice gradually)
- After adding lemon juice milk and water get separated.
- For making chenna cover another sauce pan with a soft cloth or napkin and pour above milk into it. Rinse all the water from chenna. By this way chenna and water get separated.
- Wash the chenna with cold water for 2 times.
- Remove the whole water from chenna. Tie a knot of napkin and hang it so that all water rinse out.
- Knead chenna for 3-5 minutes with your hand. Check it whether chenna has a smooth texture or not. If not then again knead it. Knead it properly without applying much force. Approximately it requires 5-7 minutes.
- Now make the small balls of chenna.A
- Add one cup sugar and five cup water in a pressure cooker. Put the cooker on the stove at medium flame.(Don’t cover with lid)
- When the water in cooker starts boiling, add chenna balls into it and cover with a lid.
- After one whistle switch of the flame and let it cool down.
- Once cooker cooled down completely remove the balls. Add pressure cooked balls into cold water and keep it aside for 2 hours.
- For rabri: Boil the remaining 1 lit. milk at medium flame. Stir it continuously so that milk doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Then add remaining sugar into the milk.
- Add saffron and cardamom powder into it and boil till milk begins to thicken.
- By this way your rabri gets ready. Let it cool down.
- When rabri get cooled add few drops of yellow food color. Give it a nice stir.
- Squeeze out the chenna balls lightly and add them into rabri.
Serving Method :-
Transfer rasmalai into a serving bowl. Garnish it with chopped almonds, cashews and pistachios. Serve chilled rasmalai recipe.
- You can use yellow color while making chenna balls and rabri.
- For best result serve the rasmalai after 12 hours.
- Use only full fat cow milk in rasmalai recipe.