Paneer tikka recipe is a famous Indian dish. In paneer tikka recipe the pieces of paneer, onion and capsicum are marinated with special spices. Then they are grilled in tandoor. In some of the cases grilling paneer tikka in tandoor is not possible. So here we are going to make shallow fried paneer tikka recipe. It is very simple. Spices used here gives the nice texture as well as taste to paneer tikka recipe. I am really fan of it.
One additional thing is that you can add different veggies in sticks as per your choices. My favourite veggies are tomato, green capsicum and onion along with paneer. Hence I used them in my paneer tikka recipe. Paneer arranged with veggies which gives a nice taste and look. Kids will definitely love it. It will be the best option for kid’s lunch box.
Do check our other paneer recipes like paneer paratha, butter paneer masala, paneer tikka masala, paneer bhurji and matar paneer . Step by step instructions of paneer tikka recipe are given below. Follow them. Try at home. Do comment below.
Preparation Time :- 10 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 45 minutes.
Servings :- 4
200 grams paneer.
3 green capsicums.
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds powder.
1 teaspoon coriander seed powder.
1 tablespoon yogurt.
2 tablespoons cornflour.
2 teaspoons red chilli powder.
1 teaspoon chaat masala.
1/2 teaspoon garam masala.
Salt to taste.
- Wash all the veggies cleanly. Cut them in square shape pieces.
- Cut the paneer into square shape pieces. Keep aside.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Add ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder, chaat masala, salt and cornflour. Mix all these ingredients properly.
- Now add all pieces of paneer, tomatoes, onion and capsicum. Give it a nice stir such that all pieces get coated with spices from all sides. Marinate them for next 30 minutes.
- After that take a barbeque stick. First insert paneer piece then insert capsicum piece then tomato after that insert onion piece and so on. Repeat the same procedure for remaining pieces. In such a way that complete all paneer tikkas.
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons oil in a frying pan. Shallow fry paneer tikkas in hot oil until they changes the color. You can roast them in tandoor as well.
Serving Method :-
For serving paneer tikka recipe sprinkle chaat masala on paneer tikka. Serve them hot.
- Instead of cornflour you can use gram flour.
- If barbeque sticks are not available then use toothpick.