Paratha is the great option for morning breakfast. Isn’t it? Every morning housewife has a question, what to make for breakfast? To try something new and change regular breakfast recipes paratha is the best one. Hence we are going to learn palak paratha recipe in this post.
Along with breakfast, paratha can be serve in kids lunch box or in the main course. Generally, paratha is served with butter or clarified butter. But it goes delicious with curries such as paneer butter masala, paneer tikka masala, chole masala, rajma and sarson ka saag. You can try any of these. I like palak paratha recipe with coconut chutney. Many people love to eat paratha with chatpata green chutney or pudina chutney.
Lots of variations can be made in parathas. You may know different parathas like paneer paratha, fenugreek leaves paratha, cabbage paratha, aloo paratha etc. All these parathas are roasted on pan by applying lots of butter or ghee on top. So need to be workout after eating.
Read the following procedure to make palak paratha recipe at home. Give it a simple try. Enjoy with friends and family. Let’s begin with ingredients required for making palak paratha.
Preparation Time :- 20 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 10 minutes.
Servings :- 4.
200 gram fresh spinach leaves.
2 cups wheat flour.
3-4 green chillies.
1 inch ginger.
3-4 garlic cloves.
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida.
1 teaspoon carom seeds.
Salt To Taste.
- Wash spinach leaves with water neatly. Remove all dirt from them.
- In a grinder jar, add these spinach leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic cloves. Close the lid of jar. Grind it to a smooth puree. Use water if required.
- Now in a large mixing bowl take wheat flour. Add asafoetida, carom seeds, salt to taste and palak puree in the same.
- Pour some water in that mixture. Knead it properly. Make a smooth dough. Apply 1 tablespoon oil to the dough. Knead it a again. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Once dough becomes nice and soft, take lemon size ball out of it. Cover it with a dry wheat flour. Roll it to a round shape paratha like chapati.
- Roast it on hot pan. Apply oil or clarified butter from both sides while roasting.
Serving Method :-
Serve yummy palak paratha with sweet curd or chutney.