Oats also called as oatmeal. Nowadays, oats are most lovable and healthiest item in the kitchen. Children and elders also love different oats recipes. Our today’s recipe is oats idli recipe.
First of all, I am going to tell you why to eat oats? Oats are rich in fiber called beta-glucan which lowers the cholesterol. They contain lots of minerals and calories. One cup of oats contain approximately 307 calories. Oats may reduce risk of cancer and lower the level of blood pressure. Eating oats daily is much more beneficial for our health. So, for your good health here I am presenting new and yummy oats idli recipe. I know kids will definitely like this recipe. Try out and enjoy instant oats idli recipe.
1 cup oats.
1/2 bowl semolina.
1/4 bowl butter milk.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
Salt as per taste.
- Heat a pan and add oats into it. Roast them for 5 minutes till turns into light brown color.
- Now add roasted oats and 1/2 bowl semolina into a mixer jar. Blend all these ingredients in a smooth paste. You can use water for making smooth paste.
- Pour our smooth paste into a bowl. Add butter-milk and some water. Mix it nicely. Keep the thick consistency of mixture like idli batter. (It should not so thin.)
- Add salt as per your taste and baking soda into idli batter.
- Boil the water in idli steamer / cooker.
- Grease idli moulds with some oil. Pour our oats idli batter into that moulds. Place moulds into a steamer / cooker and cover it with a lid.
- Steam idli at medium flame till they are cook. Approximately, it require 15 -20 minutes.
- After 15- 20 minutes remove the moulds from steamer and let them cool. Then remove idlis using spoon from the moulds.
Serving Method :-
- You can use yogurt instead of butter milk.