Hey foodies, welcome to our recipes buddy kitchen. Generally, most of the people have a habit of eating something at tea time. Today we are coming with the new menu for your tea time breakfast that is lovely oatmeal cookie recipe.
Firstly we will discuss on what is oatmeal? Oatmeal is the coarsely ground oat. Oats are nothing but the seeds of oat plant. They are considered as whole grain. Eating oats daily is much more healthy for your body. Mostly, oats are served as breakfast like oats upma and baked foods such as oat cookie, oat cake and oat bread. We are going to share simple oatmeal cookie recipe for you guys.
Oats are the rich source of the specific type of fiber known as beta-glucan. This fiber reduces the levels of bad cholesterol. Along with fiber oat contains various minerals like selenium, magnesium and zinc. One cup oats contain 307 calories. Oats lowers the blood pressure. Hence it is important to add oats to your dietary plan. You can try our other versions of oats recipes like oats dosa recipe and oats idli recipe.
In this oatmeal cookie recipe, we will use banana and wheat flour along with oatmeal. So these cookies are very healthy to eat. Step by step instructions of oatmeal cookie recipe is given below. Try at home. Serve them at tea time. Enjoy it.
Ingredients For Oatmeal Cookie Recipe:-
1 cup oatmeal.
1/2 cup whole wheat.
1/2 cup powdered sugar.
3 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee).
1 teaspoon baking powder.
1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
Pinch of salt.
- Take one large mixing bowl. Peel the banana. Mash it nicely with a fork in the same bowl.
- Now add 2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar, baking powder, baking soda and a pinch of salt into mashed banana. Mix these all ingredients with a spoon.
- Add 3 tablespoons clarified butter, oatmeal and wheat flour. Mix that mixture gently.
- Grease the baking tray with little bit oil.
- Make lemon size small balls out of the cookie dough. Place them on greased tray. Press the balls little bit with fingers.
- Bake them in preheated oven at 180-degree celsius for 20 minutes.
Arrange the oatmeal cookies in serving the dish. Serve them with a cup of tea. You can serve oatmeal cookies for kids as a snack. You can add chocolate sauce on top of cookies for more taste.