Moong dal halwa recipe is one of the healthy and heavy breakfast recipe. It is made from split green gram. This gram consists high calories and nice flavor, which makes it easy in cooking. This gram makes great combination when cooked with milk. Instead of halwa we can call it as a moong dal shira. This breakfast recipe is a source of good digestive system.
Moong dal halwa recipe can be the best menu item in sweet dish or dessert in party. Even this recipe can be serve to the kids as snack. You can try our kids special recipe like sweet broken wheat pudding, vermicelli upma or cheese corn balls.
Check the step by step moong dal halwa recipe mentioned below. It is delicious in taste. Give it a try at home. Let me know how it turned out. Do comment below.
250 gram moong dal (split green gram).
3 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter).
1/2 lit. full fat milk.
1 cup sugar.
1 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Soak moong dal in water for 3 hours. Pour enough water till all gram well covered with water.
- After 3 hours grind the moong dal with some water. Do not add excess water. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan at medium flame. Add ghee in it. When ghee starts to melt add moong dal paste and fry it nicely until it turns into light brown color. Stir continuously with spatula.
- After that mix the boiled milk and sugar into above mixture. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes add some cardamom powder and mix it well.
Serving Method :-
Garnish moong dal halwa recipe with some crushed dry-fruits. Serve hot.
- In dry-fruits you can use almonds, cashew nuts or pistachios.These dry-fruits must be finely chopped.