Mini Onion Uttapam Recipe.
Uttapam is the South Indian breakfast recipe.
It is a thick pancake with toppings. Nicely roasted on a nonstick pan by using oil. It is soft and spongy in texture.
In India uttapam is mostly served with coconut chutney and South Indian style sambar. This is a heavy breakfast recipe to have in the morning. So that you can start your day with fresh and healthy mind and body. Hence go with such yummy mini onion uttapam recipe.
We are going to make the mini onion uttapam recipe by using dosa batter. Dosa batter is mainly prepared from soaked rice and split black gram. We have written the dosa batter recipe below. So go with it.
Topping on uttapams can be different of different vegetables. Like tomato, carrot, capsicum, onion, olives, green chilies, coriander leaves or mint leaves. Here, we are making mini vegetable uttapam recipe using onion, tomato, green chilies and coriander leaves. You can add or skip veggies as per your choice.
Like mini onion uttapam recipe, we have shared some other breakfast recipes. Such as Onion rava dosa recipe, oats upma recipe, vegetable upma, quick dahi cutlets recipe, instant spongy rava idli, palak paratha, easy kanda batata poha and methi ka thepla recipe. All these simple and healthy breakfast recipes.
Here are some sweet menus for your morning breakfast. Homemade banana sheera, moong dal halwa, sooji ka halwa, whole wheat banana pancake, creamy banana smoothie and strawberry smoothie. Give them simple try at your home. Let us know how turned out.
Why don’t you try 5 minutes savory microwave mug breakfast? So yummy and delicious to have such mug recipe in the breakfast.
Now let’s start mini onion uttapam recipe.
Preparation Time For Batter:- 10-12 hours.
Preparation Time For Uttapam:- 5 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 5 minutes.
Ingredients For Mini Onion Uttapam Recipe:-
1 cup rice.
1/4 cup split black gram (urad dal).
2 onions finely chopped.
2 tomatoes finely chopped.
8-10 green chilies finely chopped.
Coriander leaves finely chopped.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
Salt to taste.
How To Make Uttapam Batter-
- Clean and wash the rice and split black gram thoroughly with water. Soak them in a separate pot for 4-5 hours. You can soak them for the whole night as well.
- In the next morning, strain the water from both and keep aside. Now grind the soaked rice into a coarse paste. Next, grind the black gram into a smooth paste. Use water if required. Mix both together in a pot. We need a thick and pouring consistency batter. It should not like dosa batter consistency. Uttapam batter is a little bit thick than dosa batter. So keep in mind that. Use the water accordingly while grinding.
- Allow the batter to fermentate nicely for 4-5 hours.
How To Make Mini Onion Uttapam-
- Add salt and baking powder to the batter before making uttapam. Give it a nice stir.
- Heat a nonstick pan medium flame. Pour one small ladle full with batter on the hot pan. Spread it lightly with it in round shape and make a mini pancake.
- Spread finely chopped onion, tomato, green chilies and coriander leaves on top. Drizzle some oil. Press slightly with a spatula. So vegetables don’t fall down when you flip it.
- Once uttapam gets nicely cook and roasted from one side. Then flip it over and let it cook on another side. Once it done from both sides remove it in the plate. Like this make remaining mini onion uttapam.