Methi thepla is also known as methi paratha. Methi thepla is a popular Gujarati flat bread recipe. This flat bread is made up with fenugreek leaves. These methi thepla got a natural green color because of fenugreek leaves. They looks so beautiful as well as good in taste.
Methi thepla can be served with plain yogurt or pickle. I liked to eat methi thepla along with sweet curd and mung dal. You can serve it as it is with ghee on top. Hence methi thepla will be the best menu item for breakfast or for kid’s lunch box. The procedure of making is simple as mentioned below. Give it a try at home. Let me know how it turned out.
In the section of flat Indian bread you can try our other bread recipes like paneer paratha, aloo paratha or gobi paratha. Each of can be served with any type of curry, veggies or can be served directly. Stay connected with us for more such amazing recipes.
1 cup roughly chopped fenugreek leaves.
2 cups of whole wheat flour.
2 tablespoons fresh yogurt.
2 tablespoon ginger-chilli paste.
1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida.
1 teaspoon carrom seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl add chopped fenugreek leaves, ginger-chilli paste, red chilli powder, tumeric powder, asafoetida, carrom seeds and salt as per taste. Give it a good mix.
- Then add wheat flour gradually in the same bowl.
- Add curd, 1 tablespoon oil and water in flour. Knead it with hands. Adjust the level of water as per need. Knead a soft dough like regular chapati dough.
- Cover dough with lid. Rest it aside for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes knead a dough for 1 minutes. So dough will become more soft.
- Take lemon size part out of dough. Roll it with hands. Cover it with dry flour. Sprinkle some flour on rolling board. Place dough ball on it and roll it in round shaped thepla. It should be thin.
- Put that thepla on hot pan. Roast it from both sides till cooked nicely. Apply oil while roasting. Place roasted thepla in serving dish. Like this way make all the remaining methi theplas.
Serving Method :-
Serve methi thepla with yogurt or mango pickle.