Kanda batata poha is the most commonly eat breakfast recipe in Maharashtra. One dish kanda batata poha in morning will definitely stay away from hunger for at least 3-4 hours. So why not have such a healthy breakfast early in the morning? Hence today we are going to learn how to make kanda batata poha recipe in 5 minutes.
Kanda batata poha recipe is made with kanda (onion), batata (potato) and poha (flattened rice). It is seasoned with some spices. This type of breakfast dish can be made within few minutes. The procedure to make is simple and required less effort.
Let’s start making kanda batata poha recipe.
2 cups poha (flattened rice).
2 medium size onion finely chopped.
2 medium size potatoes peeled and cubed.
3-4 green chillies.
1/4 cup peanuts.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1 teaspoon sugar.
Few curry leaves.
Few coriander leaves.
Some fine sev for garnishing.
Some grated coconut for garnishing.
- Add poha in strainer. Thoroughly wash it with water. Poha will absorb enough water and becomes soft. Poha must be soft. If not then sprinkle some water on it.
- Now add turmeric powder, sugar and salt to tasted in soaked poha. Nicely mix it with your hands. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in kadhai. Roast peanuts in hot oil till becomes crispy. Remove them in a plate.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds in same hot oil. Once it starts crackling add curry leaves and potato cubes. Saute it till potato cubes get golden brown color.
- Once they cooked well add finely chopped onion. Fry it for few seconds.
- Then add poha and roasted peanuts. Mix it gently with spatula. Let it cook for 2 minutes at medium flame. After that kanda batata poha recipe is ready to serve.
Serving method :-
Garnish kanda batata poha with chopped coriander leaves, fine sev, grated coconut and a piece of lemon. Serve hot at the time of breakfast or snack with a cup of tea.
- Sev and grated coconut are totally optional. They are used for garnishing.