Tomato omelette is a South Indian breakfast dish. It is an omelette without an egg. The main ingredient of this recipe is besan i.e. gram flour. It has nice texture like dosa batter. The batter is made from water and flour with finely chopped tomato, onion, green chillies and flavored with spices.
The gram flour is made from bengal gram known as chana dal. Gram flour helps in lowering diabetes. They increases heart health and stay strong. Let’s come to the point of health benefits of tomatoes. We can make huge number of dishes with tomatoes as well as they are healthy to eat. Tomatoes prevent the cancers and repairs the damaged part in body caused due to smoking. They are good for your hairs, skin, heart and kidneys.
Basically tomato omelettes are served with tomato sauce, chutney or any other pickle. How to make omelette is a delicious and healthy recipe. Following are the detailed instructions for how to make omelette at home with simple way. So check it out and try.
1 bowl gram flour.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
2 finely chopped tomato.
2 finely chopped onion.
4-5 finely chopped green chillies.
Finely chopped coriander leaves.
3 tablespoons oil.
2 tablespoons ghee.
- Take gram flour in a bowl. Add turmeric powder, salt as per taste, cumin seeds and mix it well.
- In that bowl add finely chopped tomato, onion, green chillies and coriander leaves. Mix it nicely. Add 2 tablespoons oil, 2 cups of water and stir continuously. Break all the lumbs.
- Now heat the dosa pan. Apply oil and sprinkle water on pan.
- Pour the previously prepared batter and spread into round shape by circular motion.
- Cover a pan with a lid and cook tomato omelette for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes remove lid and apply some ghee on top of omelette and flip it.
- Again cook it for next 2-3 minutes. After that our tomato omelette is ready to serve.
Serving Method :-
Serve hot tomato omelette with tomato sauce or mango pickle.