Malpua is a popular dish in India, Bangladesh and Nepal. In India it is mostly served in Maharashtra, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan etc. Malpuas are served in festivals with other sweets. Today recipes buddy giving you the simple procedure of how to make malpua. It is delicious and sweet recipe.
So you can try it at home for coming festival i.e. Diwali. Serve malpuas to guest and enjoy the festival. If you really like this recipe of how to make malpua then do comment below. You may also like kalakand recipe, kaju katli recipe, rasmalai and gulab jamun. If you have any queries about recipes then please ask us. We will answer your questions. For more such lovely recipes of festival subscribe our newsletter for daily updates. Let’s start making malpua.
Preparation Time :- 10 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 30 minutes.
Servings :- 3.
1 cup all purpose flour (maida).
1/2 lit. whole milk.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
2 cups of sugar.
1 cup clarified butter (ghee).
2 teaspoons cardamon powder.
Few saffron sticks.
- Brings a milk to boil in large non stick sauce pan on high heat. Stir continuously till milk begins to thicken. Thicken a milk until it reduces its half . After that switch off the flame.
- Allow a milk to cool down.
- Now take a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup all purpose flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon baking powder. Give it a stir. Then add thickened milk into it. Stir it well with spatula. Make sour it breaks all the lumps. It should have a dosa batter consistency.
- On other hand we have to make sugar syrup. For this add 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water into a sauce pan. Allow it boil. It should have one thread consistency. When sugar syrup has one thread consistency then switch off the flame. Add cardamom powder and saffron stick for more richness.
- Here is the time to make malpua. Heat a nonstick pan on stove. Add 3-4 tablespoons clarified butter. When it starts to melt then pour 1 tablespoon malpua batter on pan and make small pancake. Shake it from both sides in light brown shade. Repeat the same procedure for remaining malpuas.
- Deep the fried malpuas in sugar syrup (that we previously made) from both the sides. Remove them from syrup. Keep them in a plate.
Serving Method :-
Arrange malpuas in serving dish. Top them with chopped almond and pistachios. Serve sweet malpua as a diwali sweet recipe. You can serve this as a dessert also.
In our how to make malpua recipe you can use 1/2 cup maida and 1/2 cup semolina for making malpua batter.