Our today’s recipe post is how to make dal makhani. Dal makhani is one of the most popular curry recipe. Basically, it is from Punjab region in Indian. In earlier days, the procedure of making dal makhani is time-consuming. Nowadays, the preparation time of dish is reduced due to modern techniques. The basic ingredients of dal makhani are whole black lentil called urad and red kidney beans called rajma. In this recipe, we are going to use extra butter and cream. So it named like makhani.
Lentils are good in taste as well as healthy for health. Black lentils are a good source of nutritions. Helps in lower the cholesterol. Lentils increase energy due to its fiber and carbohydrates. It contains low calories and contains no fats. So black lentils are essential to reduce the weight.
As mentioned above we are going to use extra butter and cream. So keep your diet aside and enjoy the great taste of dal makhani. If you really like how to make dal makhani recipe then comment below.
Stay connected with us for more such amazing recipes. Follow us on twitter, google + and facebook. We are waiting for your response.
Let’s start making dal makhani. Step by step procedure of how to make dal makhani is given below.
Ingredients for how to make dal makhani :-
1 cup whole black lentils (urad).
1/2 cup red kidney beans (rajma).
50-gram unsalted butter.
100-gram fresh cream.
1 large finely chopped onion.
1 bowl tomato puree.
2 bay leaves.
2 sticks of cinnamon.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
2 black cardamom.
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste.
1 teaspoon garam masala.
2 green chillies.
Salt to taste.
- Soak 1 cup whole black lentils and 1/2 cup red kidney beans in water for whole night separately.
- Pressure cook them in the cooker at next morning. While cooking add water and salt. Pressure cook them separately.
- After cooking nicely smash it up a little bit with a spoon.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan at medium flame. Add 2 tablespoons butter. When butter starts melting add bay leaves, cinnamon, black cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds. Fry little bit.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it turns into light brown color.
- When onion turns into brown add ginger-garlic paste and whole green chillies. Then pour 1 bowl tomato puree. Allow it to boil.
- Now add previously pressure cooked black lentils and kidney beans. Pour some water. Cover pan with a lid. Allow it to cook for 10 minutes at medium flame.
- After 10 minutes, the time is to add seasoning ingredients. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and some kasuri methi. Add little bit salt. Take care while adding salt because previously we added salt in lentils.
- At last, add fresh cream and give it a nice stir. Switch off the flame. Our tempting dal makhani is ready to serve.
Serving Method :-
Serve Punjabi style dal makhani with plain rice.