Lots of recipes in the daily meal are going yummy with side dishes. Here is one of the special and favorite side dish recipe called coconut chutney. I have tried this recipe at my home. By practice, we got the perfect recipe for coconut chutney. Let’s discuss on how to make coconut chutney.
Coconut chutney is the spicy South Indian side dish mainly served with idli, dosa or vada. It can be even served with oats upma, oats idli and oats dosa. In how to make coconut chutney recipe, coconut along with some Indian spices are ground together into a smooth paste. Some of the people love liquid coconut chutney or some love solid one. The choice is yours. Idlis are served with liquid coconut chutney.
Few more chutney recipes we have shared in our blog like green chutney and tamarind chutney. Do try at home. Let me know how it turned out. The detailed procedure of how to make coconut chutney is given below.
Ingredients For How To Make Coconut Chutney:-
1 cup grated coconut.
2 tablespoons chana dal.
3 green chilies.
1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida.
1 teaspoon urad dal.
Few curry leaves.
Oil for tadka.
Salt to taste.
- In a grinder jar, add 1 cup grated coconut, green chilies, ginger, chana dal and salt as per taste. Close the jar with a lid. Grind together to a smooth paste. Add water to get the more smooth paste.
- Remove that smooth coconut paste into a bowl.
- Now heat a tablespoon oil in a tadka pan.
- Once oil becomes hot add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When seeds start crackling add curry leaves, asafoetida and urad dal. Fry for few seconds.
- Pour that hot tadka on coconut paste. Mix all with a spoon gently.
Serve coconut chutney with any type of snack. Goes very well with idli.
- Add 1/4 cup of water in coconut chutney to make liquid chutney.
- Urad dal is optional. You can avoid it.
- For more taste add few coriander leaves in coconut chutney when you grind the paste.