Today we are going to share diwali’s famous how to make chakli recipe. The procedure of making chakli is different in each region of India. In some of the region ingredients of chakli recipe are also different. Normally this recipe is known as chakli recipe. But in south India it is named as murukku. It is also called as chakri. For this diwali I am going to share the chakli recipe using bhajani i.e. how to make chakli. I will share another chakli recipes with different flour in future.
Serve crispy chakli to your guest in diwali festival and make them happy. You can also serve this recipe to kids as a snack. Before servings chaklis to your child take care while adding spices into chakli dough. Personally I love chakli. So without wasting time let’s start how to make chakli recipe. If you like this recipe then subscribe our newsletter for more such lovely diwali recipe. Don’t forget to reply us on our article how to make chakli recipe.
Preparation Time :- 20 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 45 minutes.
Servings :- 4
2 cups of chakli bhajani.
2 teaspoon carom seeds.
2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
1 teaspoon asafoetida (hing).
2 teaspoons red chilli powder.
1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
Salt to taste.
- Heat heavy bottom pan at medium heat. Pour 3 cups of water into it. Bring it to boil.
- On the other hand take a large mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of chakli bhajani, carom seeds and sesame seeds. Mix well.
- Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt. I added red chilli powder and salt as per my taste. You should prefer your taste.
- In the same mixing bowl add 1 tablespoons hot oil. Mix everything with a spatula. Break all the lumps.
- For kneading dough add boiled water into the same bowl as per requirement. Knead a dough properly. It should be smooth.
- Cover that dough with lid. keep it aside for next 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes our dough is ready to make chakli. For making chakli we require chakli maker or press. Apply some oil inside the chakli maker. Place some part of chakli dough into maker.
- Close the lid of maker. Press the chakli maker and rotate it in circular motion. In this way make 2-3 rounds of chakli. Break the dough from maker with finger. Close both the ends of chakli properly. Like this method prepare all the chaklis with dough.
- Heat oil in heavy kadai. Deep fry chaklis in hot oil. Remove them on kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
Serving Method :-
Arrange chaklis in serving dish. Serve them to guest during diwali occasion.
- Make the chakli on butter paper or newspaper. So it doesn’t stick to bottom.
- Check it out chakli bhajani recipe.