Butter chicken is a Punjabi Cuisine in India. Butter chicken is served in India as well as in abroad. In how to make butter chicken recipe chicken pieces are marinated in yogurt with some Indian spices. After well marination these pieces are cooked in a gravy with lots of butter and cream.
Butter chicken recipe is my favorite chicken dish. Butter chicken is the best menu item in party time lunch or dinner. It is mostly served hot with naan or roti along with plain rice. Definitely try at home. Enjoy the meal with this amazing recipe.
Like butter chicken we have shared other chicken recipes like chicken curry, chilli chicken, chicken stir fry etc. Step by step instructions of how to make butter chicken are given below. Follow them carefully. Let me know how it turned out. Do comment below.
120 gram yogurt.
500 gram boned and cubed chicken.
50 gram fresh cream.
2 teaspoons kashmiri red chilli powder.
1 teaspoon cardamom powder.
1 teaspoon cumin seed powder.
2 teaspoons garam masala.
2-3 bay leaves.
2 large finely chopped onions.
2 large finely chopped tomatoes.
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste.
1 teaspoon sugar.
75 gram butter.
Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Our first step in how to make butter chicken recipe is to marinate chicken. For marination of chicken take a large mixing bowl. Add yogurt, kashmiri red chilli powder, cumin seeds powder, cardamom powder and ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
- Now add chicken pieces into that yogurt mixture. Mix well such that all chicken pieces coated nicely.
- Set it aside for 45 minutes.
- Ready to make gravy. Heat a sauce pan. Add butter and some oil in it. Allow it to melt. Then add bay leaves and chopped onion. Fry it. Add chopped tomatoes. Cover pan with a lid. Cook tomatoes until it become nice and tender.
- After tomatoes and onion cooked nicely. Add them in a mixture jar. Remove bay leaves. Blend into a smooth paste.
- Pour that paste into a sauce pan. Let it boil. Add garam masala, salt to taste, sugar and marinated chicken pieces.
- Finally add fresh cream, crushed fenugreek leaves and chopped coriander leaves. Allow the chicken pieces to cook nicely at medium flame (approximately it requires 20 minutes).
Serving Method :-
Pour some fresh cream on top of butter chicken. Serve hot with naan and rice.
- Use tomato ketchup for more authentic butter chicken recipe.