Aamras. Are you familiar with this word or recipe? If not, then you are missing delicious sweet recipe. But don’t worry. I am coming with such divine aamras recipe. This post is about how to make aamras recipe at home.
Aamras is the most lovable Indian sweet specially in Maharashtra and Gujarat. Basically, it is served on special occasion like weddings, birthday parties or anniversaries. It can be serve as a sweet dish in main course as well as can be serve as a dessert. Aamras recipe goes very well with poori or chapati. In many areas there is a tradition to serve aamras with puran poli.
In how to make aamras recipe, the most important part is that use alphonso mangoes. Alphonso mango has natural sweetness and taste. So aamras made by using alphonso mangoes is very good in taste. But you can use other mangoes as well. The choice is yours.
Step by step detail procedure of how to make aamras recipe is mentioned below. Read carefully. Make at your home. Enjoy chilled aamras with poori.
3 large alphonso mangoes.
4-5 tablespoons sugar.
1 teaspoon cardamom powder.
Few almond flakes.
Few saffron sticks.
Pinch of salt.
Water as required.
- Wash mangoes neatly with water. Remove all dirt from them. Then peel those mangoes. Roughly chopped them.
- Add chopped mangoes in a blender jar. Add sugar in the same. Blend it to smooth pulp for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour little water. Again blend it at medium speed for few seconds. Do not add too much water. The consistency of aamras should be thick enough. It should not thin or pouring consistency. Otherwise it taste like milkshake. Instead of water you can add milk.
- Remove mango puree in a large bowl. Add cardamom powder, almond flakes, saffron sticks and pinch of salt. Give it a good stir. Now aamras is ready to serve.
Serving Method :-
Keep aamras in a freeze for 1 hour. Serve chilled aamras with poori or chapati.
- For diabetic patient do not add sugar.
- The mangoes should be well ripe.
- You can add other dry fruits as per your preference.