Homemade Potato Chips Recipe. Potato chips is really a mouth watering recipe. Chips are known as wafers in India. Usually, chips are served as snack or side dish. Best crisp menu during the parties or fast. Basically, potato chips are salted. But we can season them with different flavors such as herbs, spices or artificial flavors. All goes awesome.
Today we are going to learn how to make homemade potato chips recipe with few easy steps. This recipe will require fewer ingredients and fewer efforts.
Firstly, let understand about potatoes and their health benefits. Potato is mostly eaten root vegetable. It has light brown colored skin and white or yellow inside. People cook the potatoes with different methods like boiling, frying, roasting and baking.
Let’s move to the point health benefits.
Health Benefits Of Potatoes :-
- Healthy Bones –
Potatoes are the rich source of various minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc and phosphorous. That keeps the bone strong and healthy.
- Lowers The Blood Pressure –
Fiber and vitamin-C contents in potatoes help in reducing high blood pressure. Potassium in it also reduces the high level of blood pressure.
- Good For Digestion –
Potatoes contain lots of carbohydrates. So it will help in digest the food easily.
- Prevent The Cancer –
Antioxidants in potatoes control the different types of cancers in the human body.
- Reduce Cholesterol –
Dietary fiber reduces the blood cholesterol.
Homemade potato chips can be served with tomato sauce or tomato ketchup. These crispy bites go yummy directly as it is. Best and healthy option for kids snack time.
We have shared some more snack recipes such as cheese corn balls, dry mushroom manchurian, crispy cabbage pakoda, yummy onion pakoda, pani poori chaat, chivda recipe and paneer tikka. All these snack recipes can be served with chatpata green chutney, tamarind chutney or pudina chutney.
Now let’s start homemade potato chips recipe.
Preparation Time :- 1/2 hour.
Frying Time :- 15 minutes.
Servings :- 4.
Ingredients For Homemade Potato Chips Recipe:-
3-4 tablespoons salt.
1 teaspoon red chili powder.
Oil for frying.
- Peel the potatoes with a peeler.
- Use the food processor with slicing attachment or slicer to make thin rounds.
- Drain and rinse the potato rounds with cold water.
- Now add 3-4 tablespoons of salt in a large bowl of water. Stir it. Put all potato slices into salted water for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove all slices on a paper towel. Spread them evenly. So paper will absorb excess water from them.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer. Once oil becomes hot enough, fry potato slices in small batches at medium flame.
- When they start turning into a light brown color, remove on the paper towel. Hence it will absorb the oil from slices.
- Repeat the same procedure until all batches of slices are fried. Sprinkle some red chili powder on chips.
You can serve these snack recipe during Navratri festival. When you want to eat chips during fast then use salt or red chili powder for seasoning. Avoid herbs or spices.
- If you want to make salted potato chips then just skip red chili powder in the recipe.