Homemade Milk Peda Recipe. How wonderful it looks and it’s taste. Wow! Fantastic! Can’t wait to bite.
Dessert or sweet is the main part of a dish during the festival. Diwali is incomplete without sweets or mithai. Hence we post this milk peda recipe for you food lovers. Easy homemade and delicious recipe.
In homemade milk peda recipe, milk is the main ingredient. We are also going to use sugar, saffron, cardamom for making milk peda.
First of all, let’s understand what are the health benefits of milk in our diet.
Health Benefits Of Milk :-
- Healthy Bones –
Milk is the rich source of calcium. That helps in keeping the bones healthy and strong. Also beneficial for teeth health.
- Heart Health –
Milk is a good source of potassium. That reduces the high blood pressure.
- Skin Benefits –
Several nutrients in milk are best for the skin. It gives the smooth and glowing skin.
- Reduce Obesity –
Milk and milk-based foods are the calories controlled diet. Hence lowers the excess fats in the body. So the daily consumption of milk reduces the weight.
Lots of recipes can be made from milk. Milk peda is one more such a milk based sweet recipe. You can serve them as a mithai or as a dessert. But don’t forget to make at your home.
You can find here various homemade Diwali sweets and snacks recipes. Give them try at home at the coming festival.
Subscribe our newsletter for more such lovely recipes.
Preparation Time :- 15 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 25 minutes.
Servings :- 10.
Ingredients for homemade milk peda recipe :-
1 lit. full creamed milk.
1 cup sugar.
2 tablespoons yogurt.
2 teaspoons cardamom powder.
Few saffron strands.
- Take 2 tablespoons milk in a bowl. Add saffron strands in it for soaking. Keep aside.
- Now pour remaining milk in a heavy bottomed pan. Put that pan on a high heat. Allow it to boil.
- When milk starts boiling, add sugar in boiling milk. Reduce the flame to medium. Start stirring the milk with a large spoon. You should have to stir the milk continuously. Otherwise, it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep boiling the milk till reduces its half.
- Once milk reduces its half quantity then lowers the flame. Add previously made saffron milk into it. Give it a nice stir. So it gives a nice yellow color to the milk.
- Then go ahead and add 2 tablespoons yogurt in the same milk. Keep stirring in the clockwise direction slowly. After few seconds milk starts curdling. Keep cooking till all milk get curdle.
- When all milk contents get curdle then increase the flame to high. Keep cooking till all water get soaked in the curdle milk. Keep cooking until it leaving the sides of a pan.
- Once all water gets absorb and get a smooth dough, switch off the flame. Let it cool down completely.
- After that add that peda dough into a grinder. Blend it into a smooth and fluffy mixture.
- Remove in the dish. Add cardamom powder and mix well together.
- Grease your both palms of hand with a ghee. Take a small portion of the mixture. Start rolling it into a round shape ball. Stick the chopped almond on top and press the little bit with your fingers. Repeat the same procedure for making remaining milk pedas. Now our delicious homemade milk pedas are ready to serve.
Serving Method :-
Serve the milk peda as a sweet during Diwali festival and on any special occasion. You can serve them after the meal as a dessert.
- After grinding the peda mixture from a grinder, you can add 2-3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour into it.