Homemade Banana Sheera Recipe.
Banana sheera recipe is an authentic and traditional recipe specially made during pooja in Indian culture. It is also named as sooji ka halwa and Satyanarayana maha prasad. It is offered after pooja as a prasad. But along with it, you can serve as a breakfast. Banana sheera is the best and healthy item for kids lunch box as well.
In the homemade banana sheera recipe, sooji called semolina is cooked in hot milk with sugar and banana. When all ingredients are cooked well then it gets a pleasant aroma as well as look rich and shiny in color. Really, hot sheera is the mouth watering recipe.
The procedure of making it is easy and require fewer ingredients. So you can make it quickly for breakfast or for prasad.
Homemade banana sheera recipe is similar with sooji ka halwa in addition with banana.
Adding banana to the regular diet gives lots of health benefits in your body.
Health Benefits Of Banana:-
- Reduces Heart Diseases-
Eating a banana in breakfast daily provides you healthy heart. It supports normal heart function as well as reduces heart diseases.
- Change The Mood-
Banana really helps in changing the bad mood.
- Lowers The Risk Of Cancer-
Bananas are rich in vitamin C that lowers the risk of cancer.
In addition to these health benefits, the banana gives the sweet and yummy taste to any recipe made in combination with banana. So sheera made by using banana is tasty as well as healthy to eat.
You can see here one more recipe made from banana – Banana walnut chocolate chunk cookies. These are tasty and healthy cookies even for kids.
We have lots of morning breakfast recipes. Check out some here. Moong dal halwa recipe, vegetable upma recipe, whole wheat banana pancakes, instant spongy rava idli, tomato omelet, quick dahi poha cutlets and vermicelli upma.
Let’s start making homemade banana sheera recipe.
Preparation Time:- 10 minutes.
Cooking Time:- 15 minutes.
Ingredients For Homemade Banana Sheera Recipe:-
1 cup semolina.
1 cup milk.
1/2 cup clarified butter(ghee).
1/2 cup sugar.
5-6 cashew nuts.
5-6 almond nuts.
1 teaspoon cardamom powder.
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder.
2 ripe bananas.
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup milk and 1 cup water. Bring them boil together at medium flame.
- Peel the bananas and mash it with a fork. Rest it aside for further use.
- On the other side, melt the clarified butter in the frying pan. Roughly chopped almonds and cashews. Add them in melted ghee. Fry them till get nice brown color. Remove in the dish. Similarly, fry the raisins in hot ghee. Remove and keep aside.
- Now, add semolina in the same pan. Roast it nicely till becomes golden brown in color. When semolina starts losing the ghee from the sides, pour boiling water and milk mixture into it. Semolina swells up and absorbs all liquid content. Add some more hot water if required.
- Add sugar and mashed bananas in the semolina. Mix well together.
- Go ahead and add previously roasted cashews, almonds and raisins. Then add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder. Give it a nice stir so that all ingredients mixed well. Cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for 5-7 minutes on low flame. Switch off the flame after 5 minutes then your banana sheera is ready to serve.
Take a small bowl. Apply water from its inside. Add banana sheera in it. Press it evenly and drop a moodi in a serving dish. Place two slices of bananas on top. Serve hot.
You can garnish sheera with some more cashew and almonds nuts.
- Add water and milk as per required consistency of sheera. But water should be hot enough.
- Cardamom powder and nutmeg powder are the two important ingredients give nice pleasant aroma to the banana sheera. Add these ingredients at last. Don’t add at the first. Otherwise, their smell will go away.
- You can add saffron milk into banana sheera. It gives a nice yellow color to it. Just soak few saffron sticks into milk for few minutes. Add in the sheera while making.
Don’t forget to subscribe newsletter to inbox our lovely authentic recipes. Stay connected with us for more such delicious homemade easy recipes.