Dum aloo is specially Kashmiri cuisine. Kashmiri dum aloo recipe is popular throughout India. It is made from deep fried small size potatoes. Usually cooked in thick gravy with some Indian spices.
In dum aloo recipe the main ingredient is potato. Potato is one of most comfort food. Recipes with different variations can be made from potatoes. One potato contain 164 calories. They are rich source of vitamins, protein, dietary fiber and calcium. Potatoes lowers the blood pressure. Maintain the good bone structure and strength. The potato’s fiber and vitamin content reduces cholesterol. Potatoes also support heart health as well as prevent the formation of cancer cells. By considering all these health benefits, potatoes are much more important for your health. Like dum aloo recipe check our malai kofta recipe that made by using potatoes.
Step by step detailed procedure for kashmiri dum aloo recipe is mentioned below. Cook at your home. Let me know how it turned out. Don’t forget to subscribe our newsletter for daily updates.
8 small potatoes (boiled).
100 gram mava.
4 chopped cashew nuts.
6 chopped raisins.
2 teaspoons red chilli powder.
2-3 black cardamom.
2 sticks of cinnamon.
2 chopped onion.
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste.
1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Peel potatoes. Deep fry peeled potatoes in hot oil until they cooked nicely.
- For making tomato puree boil the tomatoes in water for 5 minutes. Then peel these tomatoes and blanch them.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in heavy bottom pan. Add finely chopped onion and ginger-garlic paste. Fry it well until onion becomes transparent.
- After that add cloves, black cardamom, cinnamon and red chilli powder. Give it a nice stir.
- Add tomato puree, fresh cream and salt as per taste. Mix all ingredients together. Cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes add fried potatoes and mava. Mix it nicely.
- At last add cashew nuts, raisins and sugar. Cover pan with a lid. Cook dum aloo gravy for 10 minutes.
Transfer kashmiri dum aloo in serving bowl. Garnish with some finely chopped coriander.
Serve kashmiri dum aloo recipe with roti or paratha. You can also serve it with plain rice in lunch or dinner.
1. You can use the readymade tomato puree for gravy.