Dark chocolate cake recipe with step by step easy procedure. The cake is a baked sweet dessert. It has rich and fluffy texture. Wow! No one can’t wait to byte if have a cake in front. Isn’t it? Nowadays, cakes are available in lots of varieties, flavors and taste. Preparation methods are also different in different regions. Cakes with attractive cake frosting are becoming popular.
The ingredients and some more flavoring agents are common in all cake recipes. Just you have to add flavors, fruits or nuts in cake batter as per your choice. Check here basic sponge cake recipe with common ingredients and tips required in cakes. It is delicious and easy to follow. Use this method and make your own cake recipes with different flavors.
Your food and recipe must be presentable. Look of the dish speaks lots about its taste. So decoration is most important in any recipes. Cake frosting is one the part of the presentation.
There are various ways to frost the cake. Like powdered sugar frosting, whipped cream frosting, cocoa or coffee powder frosting, sprinkle or chocolate shavings decoration. In this dark chocolate cake recipe, we are going to frost the cake with chocolate cream frosting.
Dark chocolate cake recipe with chocolate frosting looks awesome. Must try it.
We have shared some more simple cake recipes on the blog. Read here moist chocolate marble cake recipe, lemon sponge cake, best Christmas cake, coffee powder cake, easy fruit cake recipe and delicious carrot cake recipe. For vegetarian people, you can also try our homemade eggless cake recipe.
Make at your home and let us know how it turned out.
Now let’s have a look how to make dark chocolate cake recipe at home. We post this recipe with cake tips. So please follow these tips while making the cake.
Preparation Time :- 20 minutes.
Baking Time :- 40 minutes.
Servings :- 8.
Ingredients For Dark Chocolate Cake Recipe :-
250-gram unsalted butter.
100-gram white sugar.
100-gram brown sugar.
2 cups all-purpose flour.
2 teaspoons baking powder.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
50 gram melted chocolate.
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder.
1 cup full fat whipping cream.
2 tablespoons powdered sugar.
- Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder in a fine sieve. Sift together in a large bowl. Repeat the same procedure for 2 times. So it will break all the lumps from flour. Keep aside.
- Now add butter, white and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Blend it with an electric hand blender for 5 minutes at medium speed. Keep blending till all sugar crystal gets dissolve.
- Then crack 3 eggs in the same bowl. Beat it again for 2 minutes till the mixture becomes fluffy and light.
- Once the mixture becomes nice and creamy, add previously sift dry ingredients. Fold it with a spatula.
- Grease the cake tin with butter. Sprinkle some dry flour from inside in the cake tin. Pour the cake batter into it. Give a tap little bit. Bake at 180 degree celsius in preheated over for 40 minutes.
Cake Frosting :-
- Pour 1 cup whipping cream in a large bowl. Whip that cream with an electric blender till it becomes light and soft.
- Once it gets the creamy texture, add melted chocolate and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Mix well with a spoon.
- Top it on the surface of the baked cake. Spread it evenly on cake surface with a palette knife. Smoothen the edges as well. You can decorate it differently.
Serving Method :-
- More you have beaten the egg mixture the cake will become more spongy.
- Rotate the spatula in the same direction i.e. clockwise or anticlockwise to fold the dry ingredients.
- If cake batter becomes too thick then add milk as per requirement and adjust the consistency.
- When baking is done, insert the toothpick into the center of cake. If it comes out clean then cake is ready. If not then again transfer in the oven for few minutes.
- To unmold the cake – First, allow it to cool down completely. After that loosen the edges with a knife and then unmold it.
- You are free to add chocolate chips into the cake batter.
- To melt chocolate – Add dark chocolate pieces in a glass bowl. Put that bowl on the saucepan with boiling water. Keep stirring till chocolate get melt on medium flame.