When our guests are coming to our house for lunch or dinner then every woman has a big question about vegetables. What will be the menu? Don’t worry. Today we are coming with spicy curry recipe called dal fry recipe. It is so simple as well as delicious in taste. Definitely, your guest will be happy by eating such lovely recipe. In dal fry recipe, two grams such as
In dal fry recipe, two grams such as spilt green gram and split Bengal gram are flavored with some spices. It has nice thick texture and mostly served with rice.
You know green gram brightens our skin. It helps you get rid of fine facial hairs. Reduces sun tone and prevents the skin from pimples. Moong dal is a great source of proteins and dietary fiber with low fat. The fiber in this gram decreases high cholesterol.
Now let’s come to the point health benefits of the Bengal gram. It is also known as channa dal. It is important dal in India. Bengal gram has a good amount of iron, fiber and calories. It increases the utilization of glucose which is beneficial for a diabetic person as well as a normal person. It reduces the digestive problem.
Let’s start making dal fry recipe. Following are the detailed instructions. Let me know how it turned out. Like dal fry recipe we have shared dal makhani recipe, vegetable stew, mushroom curry, chana masala etc.
Ingredients for dal fry recipe :-
1/2 cup split green gram.
1/4 cup split Bengal gram.
1 large finely chopped onion.
2 finely chopped tomatoes.
2 cinnamon sticks.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
2 teaspoons red chili powder.
1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
1/2 teaspoon asafoetida (hing).
Finely chopped coriander.
2 Kashmiri red chilies (dry).
Salt to taste.
- Pressure cook both the pulses nicely. Crush them a little bit.
- Heat two tablespoons oil in the heavy bottom pan. Add chopped onion, cloves and cinnamon. Fry it till onion turns into light brown color.
- After that add chopped tomatoes. Fry it well till tomatoes become soft and tender.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder. Stir it.
- Add pressure cooked both the grams. Add salt as per taste. Give it a nice stir.
- Pour some water (approximately 1 cup not too much) into it. Cover pan with a lid. Simmer for at least 8-10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes switch off the flame.
- Take a tadka pan. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in it. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida and 2 Kashmiri red chilies. Pour that tadka into our ready dal.
Serving Method :-
Garnish dal fry recipe with chopped coriander. Serve hot with rice. You can serve this with roti also.