In India usually, sweets are offers during festivals to our guest and family. Because sweets improve the bonding between us. India is famous for different sweets or mithai. Hence for celebrating festivals with sweets here is the coconut burfi recipe.
Burfi is milk base mithai. The main ingredient in this burfi recipe is sugar. You can use condensed milk as well. Nuts, fruits or spices are flavouring agents in burfi making process. Cardamom and nutmeg are mainly used for flavoring the Indian desserts. Burfi is mainly coated with vark in many of the mithai shops. Vark increases their look. They are typically cut into square, round and diamond shape. Lots of varieties of burfi can be made. Check our easy Kaju burfi recipe.
We are going to use fresh coconut, sugar and milk in coconut burfi recipe. In this recipe, cooking requires a little patience. Serving is the main part of presenting sweets. If you garnish the sweets well then no one can’t wait to bite it. We wrote this coconut burfi recipe, especially for sisters. Make sweet coconut burfi at home and offer to your brothers on the Raksha Bandhan festival. Celebrate it with the delicious sweet. We hope this easy burfi will improve your relation more.
We have shared some more sweet recipes. Such as badam halwa, rice pudding recipe, sweet gulab jamun and homemade rasmalai. You can also try some pudding recipes like chocolate pudding and bread & butter pudding. Following is the detail procedure to make coconut burfi recipe. Read these steps and give a try at home. Let us know how it turned out. If you have any query then please ask to us. Now let’s start.
Preparation Time :- 15 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 30 minutes.
Servings :- 8.
2 cups scraped fresh coconut.
1 & 1/2 cup sugar.
1 cup fresh cream.
2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter).
2 teaspoons cardamom powder.
Few saffron sticks (soaked in milk).
- Melt clarified butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Once ghee starts melting add 2 cups scraped fresh coconut and sugar.
- Now give it a good mix. Keep stirring in between. After few seconds sugar crystal starts to dissolve and the mixture will bubble up.
- Then add fresh cream into it and mix well. Cook the mixture at medium flame till turns into light brown color.
- Once the mixture turns into light brown then turn off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and soaked saffron sticks. Mix together with a spatula.
- Grease a tray or stain steel plate with a ghee. Spread the coconut burfi mixture in a greased tray evenly. Apply little bit force on top with hands.
- Now cut the burfi in square shape or diamond shape as you like.
Serving Method For Coconut Burfi Recipe :-
Arrange coconut burfi in a serving dish. Stick the silver leaf or vark on top. Garnish with chopped nuts and serve sweet coconut burfi recipe.
- If you don’t have a fresh cream then use 2 cups of milk in replacement of 1 cup fresh cream.
- You can use condensed milk instead of sugar. See here how to make coconut burfi using condensed milk.
- While cooking the coconut and sugar mixture, keep the heat on medium flame.
- Keep in mind that coconut burfi should have mouth melting texture.