Cocktail samosa is a fried snack filled with stuffing. They are more crispy and tasty. Stuffing can be made from boiled potatoes or green peas or onions. I tried the samosa with stuffing of groundnuts, coconut and some Indian spices. They became so good. Hence I am sharing this cocktail samosa recipe with you guys.
While making filling we used the various ingredients. So it named like cocktail samosa. The shift for samosa is made from wheat flour and corn flour. Hence they are more healthy. You can made shift from all purpose flour also. But wheat flour is quite healthy than all purpose flour.
Like cocktail samosa try some delicious fried pastries like cheese corn balls and quick poha cutlets recipe. For all these recipes check our vegetarian dip recipes such as coconut chutney, pudina chutney and tamarind chutney.
You can serve these cocktail samosa with green chutney as well. The procedure of making cocktail samosa is given below. Follow these steps and make samosas at home. Happy cooking.
250 gram wheat flour refined.
2 tablespoon cornflour.
3 tablespoon ghee.
1 teaspoon carom seeds.
1/2 cup groundnut powder.
1/2 cup shredded coconut.
1 cup shev.
2 tablespoons sesame seeds.
1 tablespoon fennel seeds.
2 tablespoons coriander seeds.
1 teaspoon garam masala.
1 teaspoon amchur powder.
1 teaspoon sugar.
1 teaspoon cumin seed powder.
2 teaspoons red chilli powder.
- Grind coriander seeds, fennel seeds and sesame seeds together in mixer.
- Take on large mixing bowl. Add groundnut powder, shredded coconut and shev. Mix it gently with a spoon.
- Then add all seasoning ingredients such as red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seeds powder, amchur powder and salt. Also add previously grinded mixture into same bowl. Mix all ingredients together.
- Now in the another mixing bowl mix all the ingredients of shift. Pour some water. Knead a soft dough.
- Take lemon size dough out of kneaded dough. Make the thick poori of dough and cut it in two portions.
- Take one portion in hand. Give the shape of cone and fill it with stuffing. Close the ends of samosa by using water. Seal it properly. Like this way make all remaining samosas.
- Deep fry the samosa in hot oil until they turns into brown color. Place fried cocktail samosa on kitchen towel to absorb excess oil.
Serving Method :-
Serve cocktail samosa with sauce or green chutney .