First of all Happy Diwali to all Indian food lovers. I know you want something new recipes in this Diwali. So here I am giving chatpata chivda recipe for you guys. Make it at home and make your Diwali something special. Chivda recipe is so simple as well as delicious in taste. I know all Indian love this chivda recipe.
We have already shared other Diwali recipes such as besan ladoo, malpua, gulab jamun, kaju katli and kalakand. Following is step by step procedure to make chivda recipe at home. Let me know how it turned out. Subscribe our newsletter for new interesting Diwali recipes. Let’s start making crispy chivda recipe.
You can also read here 20 Diwali Recipes – Sweets And Snacks. Let us know how these festival special are turned out.
Preparation Time :- 30 minutes.
Cooking time :- 40 minutes.
Servings :- 4.
Ingredients For Chivda Recipe :-
250-gram thin puffed rice flakes.
50-gram roasted chana dal.
100-gram corn flakes.
50-gram cashew nuts.
3 tablespoons powdered sugar.
2 tablespoons red chili powder.
1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
1 teaspoon asafoetida (Hing).
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds.
1 teaspoon coriander seeds powder.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds powder.
2 teaspoons chaat masala.
Few curry leaves.
- Heat a deep nonstick pan (kadai) on a stove at medium flame. Add oil into it up to the half level.
- Take one fine sieve ladle and put some rice flakes into it. When oil becomes hot then deep that sieve in oil. Fry the flakes till they become crispy. Do not brown the flakes. Remove that flakes into the dish. (Place the kitchen towel in a dish to absorb excess oil. )
- Fry all the flakes.
- Now like this method fry all remaining ingredients. First of all, add groundnuts into sieve and fry them in hot oil till turns into light brown color. Remove it in the same dish.
- Next add cashew nuts into sieve and fry well.
- Fry raisins also.
- Add roasted chana dal and fry a little bit.
- Also, fry corn flakes in oil.
- Heat a heavy bottom pan. Add 2 tablespoons oil into it. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Saute it properly.
- When cumin and mustard seeds start to crackle then add curry leaves. Saute it.
- Then add all fried ingredients into the pan. Give it a nice stir.
- Here is the time to add seasoning ingredients. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder, powdered sugar and salt to taste. Stir it properly such that all ingredients stick to chivda.
- At last, add chaat masala for more taste. Mix well.
Serving Method :-
Keep that chivda in air tight container. Serve chivda to your guest in the Diwali festival. Enjoy the day.
- Use of corn flakes is totally optional but it increases the taste of chivda.
- You can also add shev into chivda.