Chana masala recipe is also known as chole masala. It is mainly popular in Northern Indian and also in Gujarat, Punjab and Rajasthan. The main ingredient of chana masala recipe is chickpeas also called chana. It is widely consumed legumes by Indians. Commonly known as bengal gram. Chickpeas are rich source of fiber that helps in reduces weight. They are excellent source of minerals that boost energy and immunity. Next benefit is that chickpeas have low glycemic index, which maintains your blood sugar level. So it is a good food for diabetic people.
Chana masala recipe is dry and more spicy recipe. Chana masala recipe is commonly known as chole. Chole are sold as a street food and as a restaurant food. In India, it is mostly served with fried bread called bhature. Basically, chole bhature is a heavy breakfast recipe served with green chutney, onion slices and pickle. We have shared other recipes made by using legumes such as masala rajma, creamy dal makhani and dal fry.
So, try this yummy and healthy recipe at your home with our simple procedure. Check out the following convenient procedure of chana masala recipe.
250 gram chickpeas (kabuli chana).
2 finely chopped tomatoes.
2 finely chopped onions.
2 teaspoons red chili powder.
1 teaspoon garam masala.
1 teaspoon chole masala (readymade).
1/4 bowl Split bengal gram.
Fresh finely chopped coriander leaves.
Salt to taste.
- Soak chickpeas in water for whole night and cook in the morning.
- Grind the tomato,onion and ginger togetherly. Make a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in heavy bottom pan. Add paste of tomato-onion-ginger, garam masala, red chili powder and chole masala. Give it a nice stir. saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Cook split bengal gram (chana dal) in cooker and make the paste in mixer.
- Add paste (2 tablespoons) in above mixture.
- Add salt and finely coriander leaves.
- At last add cooked chickpeas, some water (if required) and mix it well. Cover a pan with lid.
- Cook chole for 5-10 minutes.
Serving Method :-
Garnish chana masala recipe with coriander leaves and onion slices. Serve yummy chole masala with poori or bhature.