Carrot cake recipe is very soft and sponge cake recipe. As the name suggest this cake is made by adding carrot into regular cake batter. Due to this, cake acquires the red color and soft texture. Carrot cake recipe is most popular in Great Britain. But nowadays it is more famous in India also. Now lets discuss on why to eat carrot cake? It is good in taste and prevent infection. Carrots clean your teeth and mouth. It helps in reduce the cancer and heart disease.
The batter of this cake is same as a normal cake. Additionally, we are using carrot into it. The carrot cake recipe is served with a cup of tea. Following are the detailed procedure of carrot cake recipe. Try it at your home. Let me know how it turned out. Like carrot cake recipe we have shared other simple cake recipes such as sponge cake, fruit cake and chocolate mug cake.
250 gram all purpose flour (maida).
200 gram butter.
200 gram sugar.
1 teaspoon baking powder.
1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder.
1 bowl grated carrot.
1/2 bowl raisins.
- Crack three eggs into a large mixing bowl. Beat it well for 5 minutes.
- Then add sugar (powdered sugar or whole sugar) into that bowl and again beat it nicely.
- Add butter and beat it for 5 minutes.
- Now take another large bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder into that bowl. After that mix all mixture in bowl with spatula.
- Add mixed flour into previously made egg mixture. Mix it well using spatula with cut and fold method.
- Then add grated carrot and raisins into it. Again mix it well.
- Take a cake tin and grease it’s base and sides with some butter. Spread some flour on top.
- Pour the cake batter into cake tin. Place it in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for next 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes remove cake tin from oven safely. Insert a toothpick into cake. If it comes out clean then our cake is ready.
Serve delicious carrot cake with a cup of tea.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and butter into a mixing bowl by using electric beater. You can use this for cake frosting.