You know what is the pudding? Pudding is sweet dish basically served at end of meal. In other words we can say that it is type of dessert served after main course. In our kitchen I mentioned first pudding i.e. bread and butter pudding recipe. Bread and butter pudding recipe is a traditional pudding from british cuisine.
As the name suggest, it’s main ingredients are bread and butter. It is made by arranging bread slices with butter in a tray and pour a creamy batter on top. Then finally baked in oven and served. For more taste we will add raisins and essence. Personally. I love this bread and butter pudding recipe. You may also like our rice pudding recipe. Don’t waste time. Let’s start making bread and butter pudding recipe. Enjoy your dessert and give comment on this recipe.
12 bread slices.
50 grams butter.
2 cups of whole milk.
1/2 cup powdered sugar.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
1/2 bowl raisins.
1 medium size tray.
- Take bread slices on a chopping board and cut its edges by using knife.
- Now take one bread slice. Apply some butter over the surface of slice (from one side). Then place another bread slice on it. After that cut them into triangle. (4 small triangles)
- Repeat step 2 with all bread slices.
- Grease a tray with butter. Arrange all buttered bread triangle into tray. Cover the whole tray with slices.
- Now let’s start making batter. Take a bowl. Pour 2 cups of milk. Add egg yolk, powdered sugar and whisk it properly. Then add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and stir well.
- Pour that batter on top of buttered bread slices which are previously arranged in a tray.
- At last add raisins over prepared bread layers.
- Preheat the oven. Place a tray into oven and bake it for 40 minutes till pudding turns into golden-brown color. Now our delicious bread and butter pudding recipe is ready to serve.
Transfer pudding in a serving bowl. Serve bread and butter pudding at dessert time.
- Use fresh bread.
- You can use brown bread also.