Hello. Welcome to our recipes buddy’s kitchen. First of all happy Makar Sankranti to all food lovers. Now today we are going to make special bhogichi bhaji. This recipe is also known as bhogi ki sabzi or mixed veg curry. In India ,there is tradition to make and serve bhogichi bhaji at the day before Makar Sankranti.
Bhogichi bhaji is served with bajri bhakri. By eating this food reduces cold from our body. It is much healthier for us. We have shared til vadi recipe for Sankranti. Try at home. Enjoy this Sankranti festival with spicy bhogichi bhaji and crispy til vadi recipe.
Following are detailed instructions of bhogichi bhaji. Read them carefully. Give it a try.
Ingredients for bhogichi bhaji :-
2 brinjals cubed.
2 carrots peeled and cubed.
1 cup fresh peas.
1 cup lima beans (pavta).
1/4 cup groundnuts.
1/4 cup chopped spring onion.
1 chopped drumstick.
3 tablespoons roasted groundnuts powder.
1 teaspoon garam masala.
2 tablespoon red chilli powder.
1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
2 tablespoons ginger-garlic paste.
1 finely chopped onion.
1 finely chopped tomato.
Few curry leaves.
Finely chopped coriander leaves.
Salt to taste.
- Wash all the veggies with water. Rinse all excess water from veggies.
- Heat a large sauce pan at medium flame. Add 3 tablespoons oil in it.
- When oil becomes hot add cumin seeds and mustard seeds in it.
- Once it starts crackling add ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves and chopped onion. Saute it till onion becomes transparent.
- Then add chopped tomato, red chilli powder and garam masala. Saute it for few seconds.
- Now add all cubed veggies (listed in ingredients) . Give it a nice stir.
- Pour water approximately 2-3 cups in it. Add enough water such that it covers all veggies.
- At last add salt as per taste. Stir it. Cover pan with a lid. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes check whether veggies cooked or not.
- Once veggies cooked nicely then add roasted groundnuts powder. Mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes at medium flame.
- Switch off the flame after 4 minutes. Our bhogichi bhaji is ready to serve.
Serving Method :-
Serve hot and spicy bhogichi bhaji with bajri bhakri. Garnish with chopped coriander and lemon.
- If you want dry veggies then add less water.
- I made this sabzi with liquid gravy as well as dry one as shown in an image. So adjust water level as per your choice.