Bhindi do pyaza recipe is the North Indian curry dish. Do pyaza means curry cooked with large amount of onions. Bhindi is the Hindi name for ladyfinger. So ladyfinger cooked with double onions named as bhindi do pyaza recipe. It is specially served with chapati or roti. But it can be served with plain rice or jeera rice. The step by step detail procedure of bhindi do pyaza recipe is given below.
Ladyfingers are high in dietary fiber that helps in controlling sugar level in blood. They reduce weight and body cholesterol. Bhindi helps in preventing sun stroke, asthma as well as constipation. Like lady finger, onion is one of the main ingredient in bhindi do pyaza recipe. Onions are low in fat that prevents cancer. Beneficial for skin and hair along with a digestive system. From all over these health benefits, bhindi do pyaza recipe is healthy Indian curry.
From all over these health benefits, bhindi do pyaza recipe is healthy Indian curry.
You can try some other curry recipes such as red kidney beans curry, chole masala, aloo matar, dum aloo, mushroom curry, sarson ka saag and akkha masoor recipe. Also check some paneer curry dishes like matar paneer, paneer bhurji, paneer tikka masala, paneer butter masala and malai kofta curry.
Preparation Time :- 15 minutes.
Cooking Time :- 25 minutes.
Servings :- 4
Ingredients For Bhindi Do Pyaza Recipe :-
250-gram medium size lady fingers.
1 large onion cut lengthwise.
1 teaspoon red chilli powder.
1/2 teaspoon cumin seed powder.
1 teaspoon garam masala.
1/2 teaspoon coriander seed powder.
1 tablespoon sugar.
2 black cardamom.
2 cinnamon sticks.
1/2 cup khoya.
Few coriander leaves finely chopped.
1 cup oil.
2 onions finely chopped.
2 tomatoes roughly chopped.
10 garlic cloves.
2-3 dry red chillies.
- Add chopped onion, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and red chillies in a grinder jar. Grind it to a smooth paste. Add water if required. Keep it aside.
- Wash lady fingers. Dry it by using cloth. Cut both ends of each lady finger and give a small vertical cut to it. Keep them aside.
- Now heat 1 cup oil in a kadhai. Once oil becomes hot fry lady fingers in it. Remove them on kitchen towel.
- In the same oil fry the onions (cut lengthwise). Remove them and keep aside.
- Add cinnamon sticks and black cardamom in remaining hot oil. Fry for few seconds. Then add previously ground paste. Saute it till starts loosing the oil.
- When it sauted properly add red chilli powder, garam masala, cumin seed powder, coriander seed powder, khoya, sugar and salt to taste. Give it a nice stir.
- Pour 2 cups hot water in it. Make a thick gravy. Let it boil.
- When gravy starts boiling add fried lady fingers and onions. Mix well together. Let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Switch off the flame. Ready to serve bhindi do pyaza.
Serving Method :-
Garnish bhindi do pyaza with finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve with naan or roti. You can even serve with plain rice.
- You can cut each ladyfinger into two pieces instead of vertical cut.