Hey foodies. Welcome. Happy Navratri festival to you and your family. Because of navratri festival today we are going to make sweet confection called badam halwa recipe. As the name suggest badam halwa is made by using badam i.e. almond nuts. The basic ingredients of badam halwa recipe are almond and milk. Procedure of making it is so simple.
Almonds are delicious in taste as well as nutritionally beneficial to our health. They reduces the risk of heart disease and increase heart health. Almonds are rich in fiber, protein and fat. So they are really beneficial for maintaining healthy weight. Nowadays, variety of almonds available in market like raw almonds, roasted almonds, salted almonds etc. But in badam halwa recipe we are going use raw almonds. Raw almonds have more naturally beneficial facts.
As mentioned above I think you got an idea what are the health benefits of almond? Hence, try this yummy recipe at your home specially for fast. Like badam halwa recipe try our other fast recipes like rasmalai, paneer vada, sudana vada recipe etc. Give reply to us. Stay connected.
150 grams of raw almonds nuts.
250 ml whole milk.
1/2 bowl sugar.
1/2 bowl clarified butter (ghee).
Few saffron sticks.
Grated and fresh coconut.
- Soak almonds in water for whole night.
- In the next morning, rinse all the water from almonds. Peel them properly.
- Now add peeled almonds into a mixer jar. Add some milk and grind it well. Make paste of almonds and milk. Use milk as per requirement.
- Heat a nonstick pan on stove. Pour 1/4 cup of clarified butter into pan. Allow it to melt. Once ghee starts to melt reduce the flame. Then add 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup sugar into it. Let it boil.
- Add some saffron sticks into water. Stir it continuously.
- Once water starts boiling add previously prepared almond paste. Give it a nice stir.
- Add some raisins into it.
- Cover a pan with lid. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- When mixture thicken up switch off the flame. Grease a tray with ghee and pour badam halwa batter into it. Spread it evenly. Sprinkle grated coconut on top of the halwa. Cut them into square pieces. Otherwise you can directly serve it in a bowl.
Serving Method :-
Serve badam halwa as a tempting recipe for fast. You can serve badam halwa recipe as a dessert. This recipe is very healthy. So give it to children to increase their weight.